Happy Easter to those celebrating it and happy Bank holiday weekend to the rest!
Anyone that knows me knows that I have a serious addiction to Creme Eggs. When I lived in California, my mum had to send out boxes in a care package which I’d then have to carefully ration. That is until I found a shop that sold the American equivalent but even then they just weren’t the same.
So to celebrate this Easter, I decided to make the ultimate sickly sweet treat – creme egg brownies! Sounds good? Well find out how to make them below!
- 115g/4oz plain chocolate
- 175g/6oz butter (room temperature)
- 340g/12oz caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 115g/4oz plain flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Middle of 2 creme eggs
- Grease a 22x30cm (9×12″) baking tin and line with baking paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a heat-proof bowl. Sit bowl over pan of simmering water.
- Cut butter into pieces and add to bowl. Stir until melted.
- Put mix into a large bowl and stir in sugar and vanilla essence
- Whisk eggs and slowly beat into the mix a little at a time.
- Sift flour and baking powder, mix well.
- Add the cream of two creme eggs and mix.
- Pour mix into a tin, smooth the top and bake for approx 40 mins.
- Take out and let it cool on the rack. Place chopped up cream eggs on top, cut into squares and allow to cool.
Definite chocolate overload but so worth it! Enjoy and Happy Easter!