My daily commute to and from work is long and the last thing I want to do when I get home is to start cooking. I usually try to cook in bulk, then not only am I saving time but I also have something to bring for lunches which I know isn’t going to be processed and full of crap. One of my favourite things to make is soup, and currently one of my favourites is butternut squash.
Butternut squash is such a good source of fibre, vitamin C and vitamin A, so is an excellent food to have in your diet during cold Winter months. Not to mention it tastes so good!
Here is how I make my butternut squash soup.
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 chopped celery stick
- Half a Butternut squash
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Chicken stock
- 2 chopped carrots
- Chillies (optional)
- Salt + pepper
- Cut veg into even sized chunks, there is no need to peel the squash as it will be blended later.
- Add oil to medium pan and heat
- Add all veg and sweat for approximately 10 minutes, until veg is soft
- Season and add stock cube
- Fill pan 3/4 full of boiling water
- Simmer on a medium heat for 30-40 minutes
- Take off heat and blend
It really is that simple and is such a hearty meal.
Does anyone have time-saving recipes they swear by? I would love to know!
Follow my Pinterest: https://pin.it/xjzixgo3ohpr3u
Follow my Instagram: http://ow.ly/yauZ30mYpy4
Follow my Twitter: http://ow.ly/JGwI30mYpST