Pancake Day, also known as Shrove Tuesday or Mardi Gras is upon us! A day fully dedicated to Pancakes (not really but let’s pretend). I am a big lover of pancakes, I try to make a big batch on a weekly basis – not that they last the week. Fluffy pancakes are the perfect Sunday morning treat! I know many people struggle to make thick and fluffy pancakes but look no further, this recipes will do you a treat.
- 12 oz self-raising flour
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 level tsps baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 300 ml (approx) milk.
- Sieve all dry ingredients together into a large mixing bowl
- Add eggs and milk
- Mix until mixture is a soft (not runny) consistency. Add more milk as needed.
- Heat a large pan and coat with butter
- When hot enough, add a small amount of mixture
- When mixture begins to bubble – flip
- Cook for another 90 seconds approx
- Place on a cooling rack
Straightforward and simple!
Now my secret to perfect pancakes is that I actually don’t use a pan, I use an electric crepe maker.
It was actually my mum that let me in on this secret and gifted me with this Breville Crepe Maker. It has forever changed my pancake game! I find that it’s just so much easier to get an even shape and colour when using it. Not to mention how quick and easy it is to use.
The recipe I use works on the crepe maker and in a pan, just make sure not to have the heat too high. I usually have my machine at 2 and that’s hot enough.
Now that you have the perfect pancake recipe, go eat your weight in pancakes and enjoy! Leave a comment below letting me know if you’ve tried out the recipe and what you like with your pancakes.